Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Response to Pamquist's Chapter 17

This article really helped me understand the concept of a hierarchical organizational pattern as it pertains to making a website. It is something that we don't usually think of as viewers of websites, but now as creators of websites, it can become an essential part of the structural decision making process. I also enjoyed reading the Web Page Guidelines section and agreed with most of what was is there. I feel I won't have too many issues with the consistency aspect of my page since I always consider consistency to be one of my strong points and something I implement often. I also like how he talks about keeping important information on the screen, which hadn't really dawned on me until reading this article. There have been many instances where I became impatient because I couldn't find what I wanted and left for another site. This is detrimental to us as web designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment