Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wikitravel in Retrospect

I have just put the finishing touches on my entries for my wikitravel page. I really like the feedback I got from my peers and one group mate in particular. I wasn't sure if including external links was going to work for my page, but the feedback reassured me that all the great wikitravel pages have them. Whatever information I didn't provide could be better provided by the websites I linked to the page, and I think its great how they are supplements to each other. I looked over my entries and made sure the grammar and sentence structure was well pulled together. I felt that I kept a consistent tone and talked about things that showed I was knowledgeable about places, which should help the readers feel more confident in going there. I guess I could have talked about a few more places of interest, but I put a lot of thought into it, and these are the ones that deserved the most consideration and ended up making it on the page. I learned that the places that should be included don't need to be forced onto the page, and writing about them comes naturally if they are is great as people say they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment