Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rebecca Blood Response/Blogging Experience

I think the the points that Rebecca brings up are realistic and gives bloggers a sense of optimism in terms of combatting corporate restraint. Even this day in age, I think it would be difficult for blogs to take off like Rebecca wants them to, but I agree that opening people's eyes to the world of blogging could help them develop more critical and well-thought out perspectives of themselves and others. I like the fact that she gave support to free blogs and web logs and emphasized the purposes and important roles both have in blog communication. I also agree with the fact that we need a more "public" type of media as opposed to an "audience," but I feel its difficult for there to be a massive transformation towards aggresive media.

I've mostly done reading of blogs and the occasional reponse to a thread. A common theme of these blogs is that everyone who writes on them feels that they are part of a community and consider other bloggers their real friends. I've dealt with mostly laid back blogs on gaming and sports sites, but I've interacted on political blogs where some arguments become intense and serious. If researched many health blogs in an attempt to pick up on warning signs of certain illnesses, where the blog content was very direct and informative in nature. Other blogs I've encountered include news and other current events websites where many critical insights covering an array of issues can be found.

1 comment:

  1. I know how much you like sports, Keith, baseball in particular. Are the sports blogs you frequent authored by fans like yourself or are they more corporate in nature? Do you feel like part of an "audience" or "public" when you read them? I guess it would depend on if you comment or not, right? Considering how much you know about sports, I would imagine that you would be a beneficial part of any conversation occurring on the subject.

    ReplyDelete